CASA INNOCENTI COOKING COURSE VACATION – FOUR DAY
THE 3 NIGHT/4 DAY TRIP INCLUDES:
- 3 nights in Arcidosso, near Siena, in a picturesque medieval home next to a 12th century castle. The house is beautifully furnished with antique furniture.
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Small groups: 3 to 7 people.
- 2 hands-on cooking courses in “La Cucina Povera Toscana” – Tuscan country cooking.
- Visit to winery with wine tasting in Montalcino.
- 2 guided excursions to Montalcino (famous for its grape vineyards that produce the celebrated Brunello wine), Pienza; and the beautiful medieval town of Siena.
- All transportation (Arrival transfer: Rome or Grosseto ~ Departure transfer: Grosseto).
- ARRIVAL: DAY 1 (SUN) – Meet in Rome or Grosseto & transfer to Casa Innocenti (Arcidosso)
We will meet you in either Rome or Grosseto and transfer you to Casa Innocenti (in the village of Arcidosso) - your vacation home next to the castle. After settling in, your host and chef, Carlo will show you his beautiful home. Then you can either relax in the garden or take a walk through the enchanting streets of Arcidosso. For dinner you will enjoy a Tuscan meal prepared by Carlo.
In the morning, after your breakfast, you’ll set off for Siena. You will visit the famous Piazza del Campo, the main square where the people from Siena (“i senesi”) organize, twice a year, a medieval horse race known as Il Palio. Facing the square there is the beautiful tower “Torre del Mangia” where, if you wish, you can climb up to the top to admire a marvelous view of the city. You can also visit the Duomo which is a gothic style cathedral. You will have lunch in a quaint restaurant in Piazza del Campo. Once home, you will have a chance to rest before your cooking class and dinner with Carlo and Pascale at Casa Innocenti.
- Montalcino (wine country); Pienza
In the morning, you’ll set off for Montalcino, a town famous for its Sangiovese grape vineyards that produce the celebrated Brunello wine. You will visit the magnificent 14th century Rocca (a fortress) and enjoy wandering around the village and exploring picturesque little shops. Then, your guide will bring you to visit a small family owned winery just outside Montalcino. The owners will show you their cellar and explain to you wine-making procedures & techniques. You can then taste the Rosso di Montalcino & Brunello wines. From there, you will continue on to Pienza, where you will have lunch in a local restaurant and then visit its main square, Piazza Pio II, which is a model of Renaissance planning. This main piazza is so attractive that it was chosen to shoot scenes for the film The English Patient. Evening dinner with cooking course at Casa Innocenti.
- DEPARTURE: DAY 4 (WED)
You can choose to have a final breakfast at the house or at your favorite cafe in Arcidosso before heading back to Grosseto.