VILLA GAIA WINE TOUR - FIVE DAY
THE 4 NIGHT/5 DAY TRIP INCLUDES:
- 4 nights accommodations at the country estate of Villa Gaia, near the small village of Seggiano, province of Grosseto.
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary.
- Small groups: 4 to 16 people.
- 9 wine tastings as indicated in the itinerary
- Daily guided excursions to the enchanting towns of Montepulciano & Montalcino and (home of the Vino Nobile & Brunello wines and the hills of Siena (where you will visit the Chianti wine region).
- All transportation (Arrival transfer: Rome or Grosseto ~ Departure transfer: Grosseto).
- ARRIVAL: DAY 1 (SAT) – Meet in Rome or Grosseto & transfer to Villa Gaia (Seggiano)
Our meeting place will be in Rome or at the train station in the town of Grosseto. After having arrived at the Villa Gaia Estate (about 2.5 hours drive from Rome and about 1 hour from Grosseto) you will settle into your rooms. Then you can relax, feel at ease at the villa and receive a welcome tour of the estate. Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Siena and the Chianti Classico
Heading North towards the heart of Tuscany, Chianti will be the days focus. In Siena, you will start your day with a warm-up tasting at the historic “Enoteca Nazionale” (an Italian public entity holding, in its remarkable wine cellar, over 1600 wines from all over Italy), then you will visit the “Enoteca I Terzi” where you will also enjoy lunch (wine-food pairing). Then, after lunch, in the afternoon, you will continue your tour of the Chianti visiting the beautiful VILLA ANTINORI at Badia a Passignano. Here you will have the opportunity to visit the grounds of the estate and the cellars, and have a masterpiece tasting featuring the best of Chianti Antinori - perhaps Tuscany's most celebrated wine & wine family. Dinner either at a restaurant or at Villa Gaia.
- Nobile di Montepulciano
Visit the magnificent town of Montepulciano with architectural masterpieces by Rossellini, and then enjoy its wines including Nobile di Montepulciano at 2 private wine cellars (late morning and mid afternoon) for tastings. Lunch in Montepulciano. Dinner either at a restaurant or at Villa Gaia.
- Brunello di Montalcino
Romeo will take you to this very special Brunello wine town where he was married. It is a stunning classic Tuscan fortress town with a striking castle. The tastings of the day (three total) will center on the granddaddy of them all, Brunello, as well as, the "Rosso di Montalcino". Lunch will take place at a family owned estate. Dinner either at a restaurant or at Villa Gaia.
- DEPARTURE: DAY 5 (WED)
Transfer to Grosseto.