The first news on the village of Lilliano date back to the Middle Ages. In those days, it was a fortified complex comprising the Church of Saint Christine. It was owned by the Marquis of Tuscany, later by the Abbey of Poggibonzi
and by the Hospital of Santa Maria Nuova of Florence. Back then, it was called Palace of Santa Maria Nuova in Ligliano.
The complex has undergone sieges and destruction, it being the outpost in the wars between Siena and Florence. Its architecture has therefore passed through different stages to reach the actual nineteenth-century aspect, even though the medieval layout is
still evident in the topography, cellars and surrounding walls. The wine bottling and marketing activity was started in 1958 by Princess Eleonora Ruspoli Berlingieri, whose family bought the estate in 1920.
The present owners are Giulio and Pietro Ruspoli.
Accomodation : 6 Guest- 100 m2 - Casalino
Independent entrance from outdoor staircase.
First Floor - living-room with fireplace, central passageway kitchen/dining-room,1 twin room, 1 twin room with private bathroom with
shower, 1 double room, 1 bathroom with shower.
Oven , washer and dryer in common